The Snowflake Data connector for WorkBoard allows you to automate Key Result progress, by providing a Snowflake SQL Query. Key Result in WorkBoard will be updated on the data pull specified by the update cadence.
Please note that depending on your organization's Snowflake configuration, there may different fields to complete when configuring the data connector. Please contact WorkBoard Support for assistance.
Configuring a Data Connector
Prior to setting up a new Key Result data connector, your organization’s IT Administrator may need to approve the connector if there is an approval configuration. Once enabled, any user can have their Key Results measure progress from that specific connector.
Create a new Key Result by selecting the kebab menu (3 dots) next to the applicable Objective.
- If the Objective hasn't been created, simply select Create > Team Objective or Personal Objective, then enter your Key Result name.
- Select Edit Settings from the dropdown.
- Click Add another key result and enter your Key Result name.
- Select Advanced options, then Pull data from external applications.
- Choose the applicable data source from one of the options:
Log in to the application by inputting your credentials.
- Please note that for some applications, you will also need to create an API key or provide OAuth2 information. This information is Read Only.
- Once enabled, your Key Results will automatically update based on the update cadence specified in the Key Result's configuration.
- If you need to manually sync an update, use the Sync Integration Data option from the kebab menu (three dots) in the upper right-hand corner of the Key Result details page.
Setting up Key Result from Snowflake
- After logging into Snowflake using steps 1-3 above, enter the Snowflake SQL query you'd like to run.
- Select how you want data pulled from Snowflake: warehouse, database, schema, or specify them in the query.
- Select Verify Data Source for real-time data validation. This pulls data from the selected dataset and allows you to cross reference with the data in Snowflake to make sure you've mapped the right data field.
- Click Save.
Enter the remaining Key Result details, then select an Update Cadence to determine how often WorkBoard will sync to pull the latest value for your Key Result.
Note: Update cadence has the same options you would find for Key Results updated by a person (i.e., Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly).
- When finished, select Save to lock in the settings for your Key Result, then Done to apply these changes to your Objective.
Synchronizing Data from Snowflake
WorkBoard will effortlessly sync Key Result updates directly from the data connector based on the specified update cadence. You can manually sync Key Result updates, if needed, in two ways:
Force a Sync on a Single Key Result:
- Select Key Result to navigate to the Key Results Details page.
- Click the kebab menu (3 dots) in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Select Sync Integration Data.
Force a Sync for all Key Result Integrations:
- From the My Objectives Page, select the kebab menu in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select Sync Integration Data.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often do I need to renew my client secret?
The max duration on the expiration of the client secret is 90 days for SSO setup requesting a client ID and client secret. The client secret needs to be renewed and updated in WorkBoard for Key Results to update seamlessly.
What are the scopes of access that WorkBoard receives when I integrate a Key Result connector?
The scope of access is Read Only, which is bounded by the user integrating with the service.
Will the Key Result connector pull in historic updates?
No, the connector does not have the automated ability to post historic updates to Key Results. The update always goes to the present interval due for the Key Result.
Please note that KPI integrations will only deliver updates that are currently due, meaning data pulled in Month X will have the timestamp 'Month X'.
- As a workaround, multi-target KRs can divide a Key Result into distinct named intervals such as 'August', 'September', 'October', etc. The 'July' interval, for instance, would encompass the start/end dates for data collection (August 1st - August 31st). Despite being named 'July', the data collection would actually occur within the timeframe of August.
When will the connector update my Key Result?
The integration will update based on the update frequency set up for the Key Result (e.g. weekly updates weekly, daily updates daily, etc.). The integration scheduler operates on a twice-daily basis, offering two opportunities for updates to ensure data accuracy. To optimize efficiency, the scheduler skips updates for Key Results (KRs) that are not due for updates, to prevent redundant data updates and maintaining a streamlined process.
When does Snowflake update?
10am PST and 10pm PST.