Calibrate and Celebrate in Cisco Webex brings your OKRs front and center on Monday mornings, shows you where to focus for the week, helps you identify risks and where you’re waiting on data, and highlights the wins to celebrate with your team on Fridays.
Kickstart your week by calibrating on key results on Monday
- Every Monday morning (6 AM in your WorkBoard time zone) when you log into Webex, you’ll be prompted by WorkBoard with a summary of what you and your team need to focus on this week.
- At a glance, see how your team is progressing towards achieving their outcomes, what new risks you’re facing, and where you need data to support smart decision making this week.
- Review the red and take action to reduce risks or remove roadblocks in your team’s path.
Close the week by celebrating wins on Friday
- After focusing and driving towards outcomes through the week, save your team wins at the end of the week.
- On Friday morning (6 AM in your WorkBoard time zone), you’ll receive a nudge from WorkBoard within Webex that highlights your team’s wins this week, like which objectives saw the biggest progress gains and how your team progressed toward results.
- Use the insights to celebrate victories, big or small!
Set Your Calibrate & Celebrate Preferences
Start off by enabling Calibrate & Celebrate in your WorkBoard Platform Preferences. We suggest making sure both Calibrate and Celebrate updates are selected. Select the day which you start your week on Calibrate (Sunday or Monday):
Note: The preferences auto-save once you have made changes. If you have "Do not send me any emails" checked you will not receive the C&C email.
Receiving Calibrate & Celebrate Messages
In order to receive Calibrate & Celebrate Messages in Webex:
- [Calibrate] You must be a Team Manager or a Co-Manager.
- [Calibrate] The Team of which you're a Manager or a Co-Manager, must have an open OKR.
- [Celebrate] There must be positive progress for at least one Key Result during the previous 7 days.
Calibrate Your Results on Mondays
At the start of the week, you’ll receive a snapshot of the priorities for the week from WorkBoard in Webex. This snapshot shows what the team should focus on for the coming week.
This snapshot includes six components:
1. Progress made on your strategic priorities (OKRs)
This is the overall progress of open OKRs (or just quarterly OKRs, if you have them) for any teams of which you’re the Manager or Co-Manager. You can navigate to the Team’s OKR page within WorkBoard by selecting the Team name.
2. New Risks that have emerged
Select “Show” beside New Risks, to get quick highlights on any new risks. The risks that show in this view are any key results that have turned red in the past week. Select the Key Result of your choice to navigate to your Key Results details page in WorkBoard.
3. Nudges on stale results data that needs to be updated
Nudge owners of stale results in your Monday calibration to kickstart progress. All results owners who are nudged will receive a ping in WorkBoard.
4. Results that are awaiting your updates
Select “Update” to navigate to the Update KRs page in WorkBoard. By updating these facts, you’ll provide transparency and your team with the necessary data to make progress towards their results.
5. See how your directs’ teams are doing
Select “Show” next to See how your direct’s teams are doing to navigate to the Directs & Dotted page within WorkBoard. Here you can understand the progress of your direct reports’ teams by viewing the average progress across all of the OKRs that belong to each team.
6. How to calibrate
When you expand on How to calibrate, you’ll see helpful tips on the components in the Calibrate section of Webex.
Celebrate Your Victories on Fridays!
After driving towards your outcomes through the week, you and your team can savor your wins at week’s end. On Fridays, you’ll get a message that highlights your team’s victories from the week, how they progressed toward their results, and how engaged they were.
This snapshot includes three components:
1. Results that hit their target
Select “Show” to view highlights of the team’s wins! These are the results that have gone from red to green, or any results that saw big progress gains in the past week.
2. Crushed focus and transparency this week!
See the Key Results that sparked the most conversation and commentary.
3. Percentage closer to achieving team objectives
See details of how much your team has moved the needle towards your Objectives in the past week. Click into any of the Objectives to see more details on progress in WorkBoard.