Key Result Tagging is a great way for organizations to mobilize, view, and track progress on specific outcomes (key results) across the organization, just as Objective Categories, at the OKR-level.
Key Result Tags are created and managed in the WorkBoard Governance module.
Although not required, Tag Groups are a great way to separate different types of KR Tags for the organization. You can assign different Permissions to each Tag Group and ensure that they're only shared with specific Teams, People, or the entire Organization.
- Select the 9 square menu in the upper left-hand corner, then select Governance.
- Click on the Kebab.
- Select Create Tag Group.
- Give your Tag Group a name.
- Choose who you'd like to grant access to the Tag Group.
Note: By default, Tag Groups are set to Visible to everyone in the Organization but you can add specific Teams or use Business Groups to segment permissions.
- To create new KR Tags, select Assign Tags.
- Type in the name of the Tag and select Add.
- Select Next.
- To go back and add additional Tags to the Tag Group, select Manage Tags, otherwise, select Create.
Creating KR Tags
- Select Key Result Tags & Clusters in the Governance side-pane.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click New Tag.
- Optionally add a Tag Group.
Note: If you haven't yet created a Tag Group, then skip ahead to adding Tags. You can easily add KR Tags to Tag Groups at any time.
- Type the name of the Tag and select Add.
- Add as many KR Tags as you'd like and then select Create.
Adding existing Tags to a Tag
- Edit a tag by clicking on the pencil.
- Click on the dropdown search and select the Tag Group.
- Select Save.
Archiving & Deleting Tags
You can Archive or Delete individual Tags. These Tags can be archived regardless of whether or not they belong to a Tag Group.
- To Archive or Delete an existing Tag, click on the kebab next to a Tag.
- Select Archive or Delete.
Note on Deleting: If you Delete the Tag, then all historical data is also lost. If that Tag has been used, we encourage you to Archive rather than Delete.
Note on Archiving: Historical data is still available for all Key Results that have been tagged.
Archiving, Unarchiving, and Deleting Tag Groups
- Select the kebab menu in the upper right-hand corner of the Key Results Tag page in the Governance module.
- Select Archive Tag Group, Unarchive Tag Group or Delete Tag Group.
Note: Deleting Tag Groups