At WorkBoard, we believe that our product can help all users achieve their best possible results and we are committed to making our product accessible.
Our journey into accessibility has accelerated in 2021 as we learn from our users and transform our design and development process to include accessibility at the beginning, middle, and end.
Our focus today is:
- Building design, development, and quality assurance testing processes to meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 level AA success criteria.
- Working with a third-party auditor to conduct conformance reports and a VPAT.
- Building and growing a remediation development team to continually address the accessibility of our product.
- Training our employees on how each of them can contribute to an accessible experience.
If you have questions, feedback, or suggestions on our product, please let us know by submitting a request. We aim to follow up within 5 business days.
WorkBoard is striving to provide an accessible experience using the industry standards in assistive technology.
Our new processes include testing for the following browser and screen reader combinations:
- Latest version of Firefox and NVDA Screen Reader
- Latest version of Chrome and JAWs Screen Reader
- Latest version of Edge and Narrator
- Latest version of Safari and VoiceOver
Voluntary Product Accessibility Templates (VPATs)
We are currently working with a third-party auditor to conduct conformance reports and a VPAT.
WorkBoard is currently remediating our product based on highly utilized capabilities first. Remediation direction is provided by both a third-party auditor and our internal accessibility specialists. Updates are included in our regular release notes.