Create WorkBoard Meetings to discuss your Objectives, Key Results, Workstreams, Action Items and any work associated with your strategic initiatives.
WorkBoard Meetings integrate with Google Calendar & Microsoft Outlook, so you can create WorkBoard meetings for all of your calendar events to track your meeting outcomes.
Integrate a Calendar
Learn how to setup your Calendar Integration. While it's not a requirement, it streamlines creating meeting agendas for new and existing calendar events, and we recommend it for an optimal experience.
Integrated calendar events are automatically pulled into WorkBoard, so all you have to do is create agendas & take notes – while continuing to manage your schedule on your calendar.
When your calendar is integrated with WorkBoard meetings, you can quickly scan to see which meetings have topics on the agenda to best prepare for your next meeting.
Create Meetings Manually
Schedule one-time and recurring meetings
Navigate to the Meetings page
- Click New Meeting on the lower lefthand side of the page
Name the meeting
Add users by typing a team or user nameOnly the Meeting owner or a Meeting Admin can add or remove users
Note: When you add a Team, the Team roster appears in the meeting
- Determine the date, length and recurrence options for your meeting. Select Custom Recurrence from the dropdown to select custom times and dates you'd like to set for the meeting.
- (Optional) Add a meeting location and description
- (Optional) Search for and select a workstream to link follow-ups.
Choose whether to Notify participants to contribute to the agendaNote: WorkBoard Meeting invitations will only be sent if this check box is selected
Once you've created a WorkBoard Meeting and invited your team, it will show up on attendees' My Work calendar as well as on the Meetings page.
Add Topics for Discussion to Future Recurring Meetings
In order to add topics to future Meetings, you must end the current meeting first. Once done, you and the rest of the meeting attendees can add topics for the next recurring meeting. Recurring meetings have the circular arrow icon.
Meet Now for Ad-Hoc Meetings
Not all meetings are scheduled ahead of time. For those impromptu meetings we still need to capture important topics & takeaways.
- Select Meet Now on the Meetings page in order to create an impromptu meeting
- Add invitees to the meeting and add topics & takeaways as needed
Reschedule a Meeting
- Locate the meeting you'd like to reschedule
- Click on the kebab icon at the upper right of the meeting
- Click Edit
Adding Topics & Takeaways
- Topics for Discussion: Add Team OKRs, Workstreams, Action Items, Attachments and Action Items from previously held meetings or manually entered notes or discussion points for the team.
- Takeaways: Takeaways are the result of your Topic for Discussion.
Manually Add a Topic
- Click Add topics here
- Click on the checkbox (in the bottom right-hand corner)
- Once added, you can create a Takeaway directly to the right of the Topic
Click on the Icons to search for and add Objectives, Key Results, Workstreams, Action Items, attachments, or if it's a recurring meeting, Action Items from previously held Meetings.
Make Topics Recurring
In some cases, you may want to add topics to all recurring meetings.
- Add the topics to your Team Meeting that you wish to make recurring
- Click on the kebab in the upper right-hand corner and select Make all topics recurring.
- Alternatively click on the kebab next to the topic on the meeting and selecting Make topic recurring.
View Past Recurring Meetings
To view older recurring Meetings, simply navigate to the current or past meeting and use the dropdown to search through the list of previous meetings and the next meeting.
Create Action Items from Topics & Takeaways
WorkBoard gives you the option to convert topics and takeaways to Action Items.
- Click on the kebab next to the topic or takeaway
- Select Convert to action item
Use Quick-Add Syntax to Create Action Items
You can immediately create & assign action Items to users by using Quick-add syntax:
- For Assignee: @andrea hothburn@
- For Workstream (if different than Workstream in Meeting): #Workstream_name#
- For Date: !Date
Hit Enter on your keyboard to create the takeaway and simultaneously convert it to an Action Item.
Add Smart Bullets to Topics & Takeaways
Visually categorize your list differentiate topics and takeaways from your agenda.
- Type in your topic or takeaway
- Click on the bullet next to the topic or takeaway and choose a smart bullet
If you created the Meeting then you have the option to End it.
- Select End Meeting in the upper right-hand corner of the Meeting and follow the appearing prompts
Only the Meeting owner and attendees who've been made a Meeting Admin can delete a Meeting. When you attempt to Delete a Meeting you'll be provided with the option to delete the individual meeting, this and following meetings, and all meetings (including past):