By integrating WorkBoard with Microsoft Teams, you and your organization can share, chat, and meet on strategic objectives and collaborate on the work to achieve key results (OKRs) in Teams with WorkBoard.
Bring WorkBoard Business Reviews and data about strategic priorities, metrics for success, and roadblocks into daily conversations in chat, voice, and video. Align and achieve your strategy with the convenience of chat.
Integrate WorkBoard with Microsoft Teams
You can set up the integration easily from Microsoft Teams by following the steps below. Alternatively, you can enable the integration from WorkBoard as well. Either way, you'll immediately be able to take advantage of the fantastic WorkBoard Microsoft Teams integration!
NOTE: Resources for admins to enable the Microsoft Teams Integration at scale
- Enabling and Authenticating the WorkBoard Microsoft Teams integration for all provisioned users – Learn more here.
- Installing and pinning the WorkBoard App inside MS Teams - Learn more here.
Set up the integration from Microsoft Teams for Your Account
1. Click on the three-dot menu on the main menu in Microsoft Teams.
2. Type 'WorkBoard' and select it.
3. From the pop-up page in the middle of the screen, select Add.
4. From the WorkBoard app chat, select Connect to WorkBoard.
5. If you're logged into WorkBoard in your browser then you're done and your integration has been completed.
Set up the integration from WorkBoard
1. Go to the WorkBoard Integrations page
2. Click Enable next to the Microsoft Teams application
3. Select the Microsoft Teams account you want to integrate (if you have MS Teams open in another browser tab, it should pick your existing account automatically)
4. Go to your Microsoft Teams tab and click on the "Store" icon at the lower left side of the screen.
5. Search for 'WorkBoard' and click to install the app.
6. You can now start a direct chat with WorkBoard
7. You can also call on WorkBoard to post objectives in a chat with a colleague by clicking the "..." icon under the chat box and selecting the WorkBoard app.
8. From your chat with WorkBoard, you can also view your My Work This Week and personal Running Business Review
Once Microsoft Teams is activated, you'll receive notifications when others update results you care about and can access, update, and follow through on your OKRs--all within Microsoft Teams.
These are the 4 WorkBoard-in-Teams capabilities you will wonder how you ever lived without:
- Transparency and Updates: See and update OKRs in chat:
- Don’t Miss The News: See when someone engages in your results or updates a result you’re expecting. Click in for detail or just reply in the thread:
- Focus on the Right Things: On Monday morning, see new risks to results, what’s stale data, and where to focus team energy this week. In one click, see your direct reports’ teams and so you have visibility that drives results predictability. A Friday note prompts feedback on the micro victories for the week, so everyone stays motivated:
- Full Functionality in One Place: WorkBoard where you are — no need to navigate to a browser or another application; access all of WorkBoard without ever leaving MS Teams: