A user can be removed by the WorkBoard Administrator or by an API call from the Single Sign-On provider. We recommend creating and updating users from your source of truth (user directory) and only doing it manually when you don't use Single Sign-On or an HRIS system to create/update/deactivate users.
Note: WorkBoard does NOT delete user accounts. When you remove a user from the organization, WorkBoard simply appends their username and deactivates the user.
Administrator: Deactivate a User
- Access Admin tools from the 9 dot menu
- Click Directory
- Select the user you'd like to deactivate
- Click Remove User from the organization
When a User is Deactivated:
- The user is removed from all Teams.
- The user's OKRs are reassigned to the Manager on their Teams.
- Their Action Items remain assigned to them.
Note: If they were the Manager of any Teams, then the OKRs for those Teams they were Manager of, stay assigned to the deactivated user until a new Team Manager is assigned. If the User was a Co-Manager the OKRs stay assigned to the deactivated Co-Manager until the Manager or another Co-Manager changes the owner.
Their Action Items are also still assigned to the deactivated Team Manager. However, they can be reassigned by the Co-Manager without having to wait for a new Team Manager to be assigned.
Deactivate Your Own Account
Non-enterprise users can close their own.
- Navigate to your Profile Settings
- Select Deactivate Account