Key results can take one or multiple Objectives as their source. This is useful if you want to create a high-level objective that draw their progress directly from other objectives.
For example, a VP of Sales might create a roll-up objective called Global Q1 Sales, which is sourced from objectives owned by regional sales directors (such as Blow out EMEA Sales Numbers in Q1! and Q1 Sales - NA). The VP of Sales can quickly see the progress of each region from a single objective, and click into each region for more information or to address risks.
Steps to Create a an Objective Roll Up Key Result
- Edit your OKR by hovering over it, clicking the Kebab and then selecting Edit Settings.
- Select Add another Key Result
- Select Advanced Options
- If you enter a name and hit the enter key immediately, you can access KR options by selecting More Options and then Change Data Source Type.
- Under Other key results or objectives select Roll-up key results or objectives.
- Choose Roll-Up Objectives.
- Search for OKRs that you'd like to aggregate for your Key Result. You can select as many as you'd like.
- Choose the Progress percentage you'd like to achieve across the OKR(s) you selected.
- Select Save.