Surveys allow you to gather values from groups of people in or outside of your team once, daily, weekly, monthly, or on a quarterly cadence. When you send a survey, you're requesting or delegating a portion of your Key Result to selected individuals with a total value you determine in the Key Result.
Add a Survey Key Result
- Hover over your Objective
- Click on the Kebab
- Select Edit Settings
- Select Add another key result
- Type in the name of the Survey and Select Advanced Options immediately.
- Select Survey a group of people
- Select the type of survey you'd like to conduct
Note: Review the section below to learn more about each survey type
- Follow the prompts for the survey type you've selected
- Click Save
There are 3 different Survey Options available:
- Yes or No
- On a scale of...
Ask a question that will be answered by a number, currency value, or percentage to gather exact values from several people at once.
For example, if you want to see the number of Backlog tickets resolved by the team over the quarter, select Total of all responses over time. Each person will provide their progress on resolved backlog tickets, and Workboard will total your overall progress for the quarter.
Select an overall target for the survey, and calculate your key result progress either by:
- Totaling all responses over all time.
- Totaling responses each time data is collected - daily, weekly, monthly, or quarterly.
- Averaging responses each time data is collected - daily, weekly, monthly, or quarterly.
Select the frequency of your survey (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) to indicate how often you would like data to be collected.
Yes or No Survey
If you choose Yes or No, you’ll be asked to set a target, and to calculate key result progress either by:
- Counting the number of Yes responses
- Counting the number of No responses
- Calculating the percentage of Yes responses
- Calculating the percentage of No responses
For example, if you want to achieve the key result 100% of team members complete a competitive analysis course, ask the team to indicate whether or not they completed their training, set a target of 100%, and track the percentage of users who respond "Yes".
Select how often you want your team to respond to the survey (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly).
On a scale survey
Use on a scale surveys to ask individuals to respond to a question by picking from a pre-specified numerical range. For example, use scale if you would like to ask team members to Rate the effectiveness of a training session. Set the upper limit as the best possible rating and the lower limit as the lowest possible outcome.