Tie key result progress directly to execution to feed your key result updates.
To create workstream based key results, select the WorkBoard workstreams option when creating your key result from “Advanced options.”
Search for one or more existing workstreams, or create a brand new custom or completion workstream for your project.
Measure Completion of a Workstream Subset
If you select a custom workstream with defined columns, you have the option to narrow your selection further, to only measure the completion of work within specific columns.
- Click Measure from specific column(s) from custom workstream(s)
- Search for columns from your selected workstreams
Options on How to Calculate Progress
Percentage completion: Select this option if you're looking to track the percentage of action items in the selected workstream(s) that were due and marked done during your objective's timeframe. Your result will be calculated as the number of completed action items with a due date in the objective's timeframe divided by the total number of actions in the timeframe.
Quantity complete: Select this option if you're looking to track the number of action items in the selected workstream(s) that were due and marked done during your objective's timeframe.
Average cycle time: Select this option if you're looking to track the average number of days it takes to complete the action items in the selected workstream(s) that are due during your objective's timeframe.
Troubleshoot Workstream KR Progress Percentage Differences
Note: These factors affect the progress calculations of key results sourced from workstreams.
- Only action items with a due date within the objective's date range are included in the key result calculation. If an action item does not have a due date, or if the due date falls before or after the timeframe of the objective, it will not be included. In contrast, the progress at the top of the workstream's Board or List views includes all of the actions in the workstream, regardless of due date.
- Action items with a status of "Done" count towards the total completion. Action items with a status of "Pause," "Next," and "Doing" all count towards the incomplete total.
- Action items with a greater level of effort count as a greater percentage of a workstream's progress than actions with a low level of effort (Easy = 1x, Medium = 2x, Huge = 3x).