Objective categories allow you to group related Objectives across your organization, which can then be filtered to a specific subset relevant to your business needs such as customers, strategic initiatives, verticals, product offerings and more. You can easily search and filter by Objective Category within the Heatmap.
Categories are first created and defined by an administrative user with the Governance role before they can be added to team or individual objectives.
Please contact your WorkBoard CSM or WorkBoard Support if you need access to the Governance module.
Adding Categories to an OKR
- Select the kebab menu (3 dots) next to an Objective or Goal and click Edit Settings
- Click the pencil next to the Objective name
- Scroll to the Category field within the OKR Wizard
- Search and select desired categories
Viewing OKRs by Categories
- Select the Objectives module from the top navigation bar, then select Heatmap from the dropdown.
- Click the filter icon on the upper-right corner of the Heatmap, then select the applicable category from the dropdown menu.
- Click Apply filter to filter your view to only show objectives that belong to a specific category